Webinar: Increasing Family Voice in the Juvenile Justice System
By Susan Richardson, September 11 2014
Why is a family voice significant in the juvenile justice system? I’m addressing this question in a September 19 webinar, along with Sandra Spencer of the National Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health.
We’ll discuss why family voice is crucial to the success of and support of youth involved in the juvenile justice system. As an advocate for substance abuse and mental health treatment for teens, Reclaiming Futures helps families connect to the community support resources needed for adolescents to stay clean and sober, and become a productive member of society.
Here are three takeaways you’ll gain from attending this webinar:
- Understand and discuss why family and youth voice is critical
- How to incorporate family voice into practice in the juvenile justice system
- Learn how Reclaiming Futures sites have successfully integrated family voice
- What: Webinar—Increasing Family Voice in the Juvenile Justice System
- When: Friday, September 19, 3-4 p.m. EDT
- Presenters: Sandra Spencer, Executive Director, National Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health; Susan Richardson, National Executive Director, Reclaiming Futures;
- Register: Register here
- Cost: Free
- Contact: If you are unable to listen from your computer and need to call in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org