By Lori Howell, July 15 2011
- New York Times: Rethinking Addiction’s Roots, and Treatment
Increasingly, the medical establishment is putting its weight behind the physical diagnosis.
- Letter to the Editor Asking for Mentors in Rowan County
Reclaiming Futures' call to action that works.
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) Releases 2011 National Drug Control Strategy
Criminal justice continues to be a focus area.
- How to Educate Your Representatives about Teen Treatment in Four Easy Steps
Help legislators understand adolescent substance abuse treatment.
- A National Issue: Youth Competency to Stand Trial
San Francisco defense lawyers question whether minors are able to understand the legal process or assist in their own defense, and are successfully arguing that they are not competent to stand trial.
- National Prisoner’s Family Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico
When: February 22-24, 2012
Where: Albuquerque, New Mexico
More information: email Carolyn Esparza at info@PrisonersFamilyConference.org.
Calls for presentations due: July 31, 2011
Topics: Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment, Funding, Juvenile Court, Juvenile Justice Reform, No bio box, Public Policy, Reclaiming Futures
Updated: February 08 2018