Adapted from a post by the Addiction Technology Transfer Center Network:
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) is pleased to announce the availability of five six new e-learning courses for substance abuse treatment professionals:
- Prescription Medication (Part 1): Misuse, Abuse, and Dependence;
- Prescription Medication (Part 2): Addressing Addiction;
- Organizational Development: Governance and the Board of Directors;
- Organizational Development: Marketing as Collaboration;
- Organizational Development: Using Financial Information as a Nonfinancial CEO; and
- Acamprosate: A New Medication for Alcohol Use Disorders
These courses provide an opportunity for professional growth as well as one continuing education unit per module for maintaining certification or licensure. Learn more.
These courses are a great development. Looking forward to SAMHSA adding more courses -- especially some that are specific to adolescent substance abuse treatment!
Updated: February 08 2018