By Susan Richardson, March 26 2015
Emerging leaders age 17-25 interested in juvenile justice reform will convene at the 2015 Juvenile Justice Youth Summit, co-hosted by The Coalition for Juvenile Justice (CJJ) and the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) (OJJDP).
Photo courtesy of CJJ
The two-day summit—"The Time is Now: Creating Change with Young Emerging Leaders"—takes place July 23-24, 2015 in Washington, DC.
According to the event announcement, “these next generation leaders gain a better understanding of the current juvenile justice system, examine trending reform topics, and participate in various skill-building, hands-on activities.” Agenda topics include: juvenile justice 101; keeping young people out of adult courts, jails, and prisons; and positive youth development. Additional interactive activities will connect these young leaders with key influencers:
- Hill Day on July 23, 1:30pm - 3:30pm ET - Attendees receive training on legislative advocacy, develop talking points, and visit their members of Congress or their staff to discuss juvenile justice reform and urge them to act on the issue.
- Job Shadowing on July 24, 1:40pm - 3:40pm ET - Attendees will be matched with a juvenile justice professional who is working in a role/issue of their interest. Attendees will shadow the professional for a few hours to get a sense of what a career might look like in that field.
Help identify emerging leaders in juvenile justice, and encourage them to register for the 2015 Juvenile Justice Youth Summit. We can help foster the next generation of leaders who will ultimately impact the future of juvenile justice.
Registration is now open. Register by April 30 for get the early bird discount rate.
- Early registration period: March 12 - April 30, $65 -- All
- Regular Registration Period: May 1 - May 31, $85 -- CJJ Member, $105 -- Non-Member
- Late Registration Period: June 1 - June 26, $110 -- CJJ Member, $120 -- Non-Member
All participants that register during the early registration period or using the non-member rate will receive a complimentary CJJ membership.
CJJ has a room block reserved at The Liaison Hotel for $189/night. To make your reservation you can call (866) 233-4642 or click here. Please reference the "Coalition for Juvenile Justice" group when making reservations or provide the following reservation ID: 15CJJ.
Contact Jonathan Litt, CJJ's Field Relations Associate, at email@example.com.
Updated: February 08 2018