By Benjamin Chambers, July 30 2009
The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) has released a new, fourth edition of its Disproportionate Minority Contact Technical Assistance Manual. In it, you can find:
- methods for calculating and analyzing disproportionate minority contact (DMC);
- information on how your jurisdiction can use data to facilitate informed decision-making to address DMC;
- promising intervention strategies; and
- performance measurement and evaluation.
The new manual also includes new chapters on:
- DMC data and intervention strategies for serving Hispanic youth in the juvenile justice system; and
- the role of State DMC coordinators.
- Check out this 2011 post, "Assessing Program Outcomes Can be Tricky," for more information about program measurement and evaluation.
Topics: Juvenile Justice Reform, No bio box, Resources
Updated: February 08 2018