Juvenile Justice Reform
- Nebraska Juvenile Justice Reform Amendments Pass Committee Vote
The Nebraska Legislature has pushed forward a proposed piece of juvenile justice reform legislation, following a judiciary committee re-write, the Omaha World-Herald reports.
- Georgia Deal Signs Second Edition of Criminal Justice Reform
Legislation creates the Georgia Criminal Justice Reform Commission. The commission will conduct periodic comprehensive reviews of the juvenile justice system and criminal justice system to help ensure that they are effective and efficient in fulfilling their purposes.
- Global Youth Justice Launches 250 Youth Justice Web Sites
Global Youth Justice, in conjunction with the American Bar Association, is helping local youth courts in 41 states launch 250 Web sites promote their juvenile justice diversion programs.
Jobs, Grants, Events and Webinars
- Please share the Reclaiming Futures Opportunity Board with your colleagues in the juvenile justice, adolescent substance abuse and teen mental health areas. It's free to browse and post!
Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment and Mental Health
- Plan to Celebrate Recovery Month in September
Recovery Month promotes the societal benefits of prevention, treatment, and recovery for mental and substance use disorders, celebrates people in recovery, lauds the contributions of treatment and service providers, and promotes the message that recovery in all its forms is possible.
- A New Day for 'War on Drugs'
Two-minute video of President Obama focuses on rehabilitation, not incarceration.
Lori Howell regularly contributes articles about juvenile justice reform and adolescent substance abuse treatment to ReclaimingFutures.org. She received a bachelor’s degree in psychology with a minor in French from Seattle University. Lori works as a senior account director at Prichard Communications.
Updated: February 08 2018