The Technical Assistance Partnership for Child and Family Mental Health has a great list of youth involvement resources that it updates every month. Here's five they posted recently:
- How to Build a Successful Mentoring Program, from the National Mentoring Partnership.
- A positive youth development resource manual from Act for Youth in New York.
- Youth M.O.V.E., a "youth-led national organization devoted to improving services and systems that support positive growth and development by uniting the voices of individuals who have lived experience in various systems including mental health, juvenile justice, education, and child welfare." (Your community can start its own chapter.)
- A youth voice toolbox from the FreeChild Project.
- Don't overlook The Youth Media Reporter, the "professional journal of the youth media field."
And there's tons more youth involvement resources on the site -- check it out for yourself!
- Can't get enough PYD information? Here's a post with even more creative ideas about what you can do with teens in the juvenile justice system.
*Image by transitionous, adapted and reposted under a Creative Commons license.
Updated: June 09 2009