Reclaiming Futures El Paso County
ContactRoger Martinez, Chief Juvenile Probation Officer
6400 Delta Drive
El Paso, TX 79905
Youth in El Paso County are especially vulnerable to drug trafficking and the drug trade's associated problems due to the area's close proximity to the Mexico border. More than 2,000 youth here come into contact with the juvenile justice system on an annual basis. Reclaiming Futures El Paso aims to screen and assess all justice involved youth early on so we can link them with community based services as quickly as possible.
At Reclaiming Futures El Paso County, we plan to do the following to help young people in our area:
- Improve treatment services for teens by advocating for more evidence-based treatment approaches
- Create a comprehensive system of care that coordinates social services, and
- Involve the community in creating new opportunities for teens.
Our Core Partners
- Border Children's Mental Health Collaborative
- El Paso County Attorney's Office
- El Paso County Juvenile Probation Department
- El Paso County Public Defender's Office
- El Paso Independent School District, Alpha Initiative
- Rio Grande Safe Communities
- Thomason Hospital – Outreach, Screening, Assessment and Referral Unit
We were selected for support from The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for 2008-2010.
Download our newsletter: