Reclaiming Futures Greene County
ContactMarilyn Gibson, Project Director
1010 N. Boonville
Springfield, MO 65802
In 2006, 56 percent of delinquency petitions filed in the Greene County Family Court, Juvenile Division, involved alcohol or drug related charges or underlying use. Approximately 50 percent of all youth placed in secure detention test positive for drugs and/or alcohol. The most frequent drugs of choice among substance-abusing youth on probation are marijuana, methamphetamine, cocaine and opiates.
At Reclaiming Futures Greene County, we are working to improve the quality of alcohol and drug treatment services available to youth in our justice system. We plan to do the following to help young people in our area:
- Implement a juvenile drug court program applying the Reclaiming Futures model
- Improve the juvenile court's screening standards for substance abuse
- Formalize processes for responding to youth who screen positive for substance abuse issues
- Improve informal and formal probation treatment planning and implement reviews of service referrals
- Develop a formal re-entry and follow-up program for youth after they leave juvenile drug court and detention
Our Core Partners
- Burrell Behavioral Health
- Greene County Children's Division
- Springfield Public Schools
We are funded by the U.S. Department of Justice's Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, and the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, which is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. We receive additional support from The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.